I’m currently taking a break from the blogging scene and am reevaluating how I want to spend my time and energies. However, I started feeling guilty when I saw Stasha’s Monday Listicles because the prompt was my idea.
Peering into or on a nightstand reveals much about one’s personality, interests and lifestyle. My nightstand stores the items I want close by for reassurance, comfort and relaxation. I’m glad this piece of furniture is no larger than it is, because the top becomes a magnet to too many lists and assorted reading material. Luckily, I have a drawer and storage space below to stash other necessities.
I loved show and tell as a youngster! So, here’s my grown-up version…
10 Things On or Inside My Nightstand:
1. A coaster my daughter created during summer Bible School one year (a long time ago) which I use for either a glass of wine or a water bottle.
2. My phone charging cord. I use my smartphone as my alarm clock and this is a convenient docking space.
3. The reading glasses I won in a giveaway a couple of months ago.
4. My Kindle which includes…
- In the Blood by Lisa Unger (currently reading for book club)
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- At Risk by Alice Hoffman
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
5. Lip balm
6. Earplugs – my most essential sleeping aid to date!
7. Body lotion
8. Rice bag
9. Portable clip-on reading light for use when reading traditional books.
10. Copy of my school/work phone tree which I don’t use much anymore since our school district went to automated phone calls and text alerts.
What do you keep conveniently located beside your bed?